Greek Yogurt, Spinach, and Feta Stuffed Chicken
Serve spinach and feta stuffed chicken breasts and impress everyone with the beautiful presentation. Pretty enough for company, tasty for the family.
- 9 ounces frozen leaf spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from oikosyogurt.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a medium bowl, combine spinach, yogurt, feta cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
Slit chicken breasts at the wide end, inserting knife as far into the breasts as possible, creating a pocket for stuffing.
Carefully stuff each breast with half of the spinach, yogurt and cheese mixture so that each breast is plump. Stop stuffing once the mixture begins to drip out of the slit end. Set aside any remaining spinach mixture.
Lightly grease a baking sheet or shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Place stuffed breasts in pan and brush each with olive oil, then season with remaining salt and pepper.
If there is leftover spinach, yogurt and cheese mixture, spread it over the top of the breasts after they are brushed with oil and seasoned.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Let chicken stand for 5 to 15 minutes, then cut each breast into fourths. Enjoy.
You'll also love
- Crispy ranch tilapia 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Cucumber Salad 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Lettuce Wraps with Turkey &... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Turkey Breast with Spinach-Feta... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sourdough-Herb Stuffed Chicken 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Roll-ups... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)