Jalapeño Popper Burger
Jalapeño Popper Burgers are the perfect mix of jalapeño poppers and cheeseburgers. Filled with the spicy flavors of fresh jalapeños, mature cheddar cheese, crisp bacon, and parmesan cheese, this recipe is sure to please every beef-lover sitting around your summertime table. Fire up the grill and make this spicy, cheesy masterpiece of a main dish at your next cookout.
- BURGER PATTIES:
- 16 ounces ground beef, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- JALAPEÑO POPPERS:
- 6 jalapeños, halved and seeds removed
- 2/3 cups mature cheddar, cut into sticks to fit inside jalapeños
- 12 strips bacon
- BURGER ASSEMBLY:
- 4 sesame seed buns, halved and toasted
- tomatoes, sliced
- onion, sliced
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from simply-delicious-food.com
Heat oven to 200°F and line a baking tray with baking paper/foil.
Place the cheese inside the jalapeño halves then wrap each with a strip of bacon. Put the poppers on the backing sheet and place in the oven. Allow to bake for 15 minutes until the bacon is crisp, the cheese has melted and the jalapeños are cooked. Remove and set aside.
Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Form into 4 burger patties then cook on a grill/hot frying pan until cooked to your liking.
Serve the burger patties on the toasted rolls with all the add-ons and top with the jalapeño poppers.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Waffle Cone Ice Cream 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Applesauce 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Low Carb Zucchini Crusted Quiche 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Beef and Bean Burritos - Pioneer... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Native American Pueblo Feast Day... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfait 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Cheater Baked Beans 3.8/5 (154 Votes)