Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed Corned Beef
An excellent way to serve corned beef! The aroma as it roasts is divine. Crockpot instructions included, but it also works in a large pot.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) corned beef brisket
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown mustard
Preparation time 240mins
Cooking time 240mins
Adapted from food.com
Rinse off the brisket under running water. Trim off excess fat.
Place brisket in large stock pot (or crock pot, if desired) and cover with water. At this point you may use the seasoning packet that came with the corned beef.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer. Cook for about 3 hours until very tender (skimming fat as necessary). (If using a crock pot, cook on high for about 1 hour, then reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is tender.) Add more water if needed to keep covered.
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
In a sauce pan, combine the brown sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. After about 5 minutes, stir in mustard. Continue simmering another 2 to 3 minutes.
Place the brisket on a rack in a roaster. Thinly coat meat with glaze. Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes, reglazing every 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes. Slice thin to serve.
You'll also love
- Low Carb Zucchini Crusted Quiche 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pina Colada Shrimp 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Blackberry & Basil Dessert Bites 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Herbed Roasted New Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine Pasta 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Beef and Bean Burritos - Pioneer... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Parmesan and Sage-Crusted Pork... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato... 3.8/5 (72 Votes)