Garlic Oven Fries
These garlic fries are heavenly...the best. I have made these, twice, and they are better than deep fried and a lot less fattening-- not to mention very inexpensive to make.
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 russet potatoes (about 8-ounces each), each cut into 12 wedges
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 225°C/475° F.
Combine the garlic and oil in a large bowl, warming it until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
Transfer 5 tablespoons of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to the baking dish, coating it well.
Add the potatoes to the bowl with the garlic mixture and toss to coat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until the potatoes are translucent around the edges, 3 to 6 minutes, shaking the bowl to redistribute the potatoes halfway through cooking.
Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss well to coat.
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake, turning once, until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve with ketchup, mayonnaise or sour cream.
You'll also love
- Sausage Wreath 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Cheesy Meatloaf 4.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Copycat P.F. Changs Lettuce Wraps 4.5/5 (89 Votes)
- Janet's Orange Zucchini Bread 4.2/5 (121 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel... 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Papa John’s Garlic Dipping Sauce 4/5 (221 Votes)
- Tennessee Honey Corn Pudding 4.3/5 (97 Votes)
- Oven Fries #2 4.5/5 (43 Votes)