Bacon Bourbon Caramel Popcorn
- 5 quarts plain popped corn (freshly air-popped recommended.)
- 1/2-1 lb thick cut bacon, chopped, fried to just about crispy and well drained
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces Bourbon
Adapted from food.com
Preheat your oven to 250º.
Melt 1 cup of butter over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar, corn syrup and sea salt and then stir until boiling at the edges. Lower the heat slightly and let boil until the caramel is 250º. Remove from heat and add the baking soda and bourbon. Once fully incorporated, stir in the bacon.
Divide the popcorn into two very lightly greased roasting pans and coat with the caramel. Mix well and then put the popcorn into the preheated oven for about 45 minutes to an hour, mixing every 10-15 minutes so the kernels of popped corn is coated in bourbon bacon coating.
Once done, pour onto either parchment paper or wax paper to cool and break into pieces.
You'll also love
- Rotel Tomatoes - Canning Stewed... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Tuscan Pork Medallions for Two 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Zucchini Burger 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Cauliflower Popcorn 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Mustard Apple... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Black Bean & Corn Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Caramel Popcorn Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)