Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- 16 oz elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp worcestershire
- 1 lb smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 slices bread (about 2cups crumbs)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from shugarysweets.com
Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Set aside.
In large pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add skim milk and bring to near boiling. Reduce heat to medium and sprinkle in flour. Whisk vigorously over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Mixture should be thick and boiling. Slowly add cream, while whisking. Add in salt, pepper, mustard and worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir for about 5 minutes.
In food processor, shred Gouda and Cheddar cheese. Add to pot, stir until thoroughly combined.
Add cooked macaroni to cheese mixture. Pour into a 13x9 dish.
In same food processor bowl (no need to wash it after shredding the cheese), process 5 slices of bread to a fine crumb. Add melted butter. Sprinkle over macaroni. Top with crumbled bacon.
Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.ENJOY!
You'll also love
- Summer Squash Sauté 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Deep Fried Pork Chops with Sweet... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Spicy Macaroni Salad 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Ranch Dijon 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef and Butternut Squash Chili 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chinese Vegan Sweet and Sour Pork 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Black Bean & Corn Pasta Salad 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Wolfgang Puck's Gourmet Macaroni &... 4.1/5 (71 Votes)