Rotel Tomatoes - Canning Stewed Tomatoes
This recipe seems basic. It says it can also be canned - I will be trying that very soon.
- 6 C peeled and chopped tomatoes (any variety)
- 12 Anaheim or other hot variety or peppers, diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
Adapted from thehumbledhomemaker.com
1. Place all ingredients in medium-large saucepan.
2. Simmer until mixture is reduced to 1 quart (I poured out the mixture into a large measuring bowl to make sure it was down to 1 quart.).
3. Store in the fridge or store in 1 cup portions.
1 cup is equal to about one 10 oz. store-bought can of Rotel. (I imagine you can also can this recipe, but I’ve never tried it.)