Freezer Meal for the Slow Cooker-Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken
Quick to make ahead, put in a freezer bag, seal, label with a Sharpie marker and freeze.
- 2 (14 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed in a colander
- 2 (14 oz) cans corn, drained
- 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 to 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup water
Adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
Place all ingredients in resealable, gallon-sized, freezer bag. Push air out, seal closed and gently and mix together in bag. (Make sure to write in Sharpie on the bag label, so you know what it is and when you made it.)
When ready to eat the following day, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
When finished cooking, shred chicken and serve over rice, with tortilla chips, over a salad, in tortilla shells, or wrapped in a soft tortilla (this meat is so versatile). Garnish with whatever you like: tomato, cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato, or hot sauce.
You'll also love
- Roasted Chicken with Meyer Lemons... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Zucchini Italian Style 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Caramel Popcorn 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Lentil and Kale Stew 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Sandee's Minestrone Soup 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Buttermilk Cornmeal... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Skillet Black Beans with Potatoes... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)