Dr. Pepper Smoked Brisket
This sweet and smokey Dr. Pepper-infused brisket recipe is perfect for your next outdoor gathering or event. This recipe serves a crowd and pairs with anything from mashed potatoes to cole slaw for a delicious meal that you can enjoy any time of the year.
- 1 (6.5-pound) brisket
- 4 cups apple wood chips, soaked in equal parts water
- 1/4 cup seasoning rub of your choice
- 2-liters of Dr. Pepper Soda, or enough to cover brisket
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Preparation time 480mins
Cooking time 960mins
Pierce the brisket and pour either Dr. Pepper over brisket, enough to cover the brisket and marinade in the Dr. Pepper overnight. Take out in the morning, and rub canola oil on the brisket and rub the brisket with the rub seasoning of your choice. Make sure the brisket is fully covered in the rub and well-oiled. Let the meat rest and come to room temperature.
Heat your smoker up to 250°F. Once preheated, place the brisket in the smoker, and cook fat-side-up, low and slow at 250°F for 8 hours.
Remove, wrap in tin foil and place in a cooler for 30 minutes or until ready to eat. You can also wrap in foil and heavy towel and place in microwave if you don't have a cooler. Don't turn microwave on.
You'll also love
- Jello Pineapple Slices 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Convection Roasted Turkey Breast 3.3/5 (420 Votes)
- Biscuit Cinnabon Rolls 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Ground Beef Sandwich Casserole 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To Go 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Adobo 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Best Beef Shish Kabobs 4.6/5 (8 Votes)