Ground Beef Sandwich Casserole
The original recipe was called Italian Sandwich Casserole but I didn't have some of the ingredients so renamed it to match my ingredients. It is sooooo good...and easy to put together. My husband and a buddy he had over for dinner loved it. They pretty much ate the whole pan - Kenzie and I got a slice each!
P.S. - Kenzie loved it too. Teenager approved and husband approved AND mom approved. Gotta love that!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 10 slices bread cut in half
- 1 carton Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Creme, Herb and Garlic
- 3 cups shredded cheese, mozzarella or whatever is on hand
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from joandsue.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a sauce pan, cook and stir the ground beef, onion & garlic powder, and oregano until beef is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
Toast all of the bread in a 350 oven till dry but not burnt - a cookie sheet works well for this.
Place 5 of the halved bread slices (10 halves total) on the bottom of the prepared 9 X 13 pan and cover with all of the cooking crème.
Then top as follows: cooked ground beef, 1/3 of the cheese, all the spaghetti sauce a 1/3 more cheese then top with remaining 5 of the halved bread slices (10 halves total).
Bake uncovered at 350 for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella and the Parmesan.
Bake again for 15 to 20 minutes or till nice and brown.
Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
You'll also love
- Chunky Monkey Best Vegan Chocolate... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Triple Berry Cheesecake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Pork Ragu 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Perfect Bacon with a Special... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Beef Barley Soup II 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Ground Beef Pasties 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Stuffed Peppers 4/5 (51 Votes)