Biscuit Cinnabon Rolls
Cinnabon rolls are a delicacy for sure but can you make them from home? This is pretty close. The secret is a delicate dough coated in butter and dusted with cinnamon brown sugar then bake until golden brown.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 can vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chopped nuts, if you like
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Pull your salted butter out of the refrigerator and let it warm to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Sprinkle flour on your counter top. Remove the contents of your canned biscuits and smoosh all the separate biscuits together and form one ball.
In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
Sprinkle the flour on your counter. Place dough ball on top of sprinkled flour and flatten then roll out to about 1 1/2 inch thickness. Spread 4 tablespoons of softened butter over surface then sprinkle cinnamon brown sugar on top. Roll up and shape into a nice even log.
Cut the log into even segments and place into buttered pan then bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
During this time melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and slowly incorporate it into your vanilla frosting, to taste. You'll spread this over the cooked cinnamon rolls and let sit for a few minutes.
If you cover the pan the heat will re-hydrate the rolls and make them gooey. I'm one of those people who like that.
You'll also love
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Trifle 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Sour Dough Starter- How to Feed &... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Decadent Red Velvet Scones 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Baked Red Velvet Donuts 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Rice Cooker Banana Bread 3.8/5 (95 Votes)
- Schnecken (Sticky German Cinnamon... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)