Ham, Spinach and Rice Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (can use green onions)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper, (could use red pepper or hot peppers if you like it hot)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (4.2 ounce) box Nature’s Way Rice A Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach (could use frozen)
- 1 carrot, shredded (Optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Adapted from thesouthernladycooks.com
Saute’ onion, green pepper, garlic and mushrooms in the 2 tablespoons butter in your soup pot.
Add the chicken broth, water and contents of the box of rice.
Bring to boil, turn down to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
Add evaporated milk, baby spinach, carrot, ham and cheese.
Stir in pepper, salt and parsley.
Simmer another 20 minutes to let spinach cook.
You'll also love
- CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Taiwanese Style Fried Pork... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Pineapple-Mint Mojito 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Sauteed Kale, Mushrooms, and... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon & Onion Foil Packet Potatoes 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Mushroom-Barley Soup with... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cream of Tomato Soup 4.5/5 (14 Votes)