Vegan Baked Carrot Bacon
Baked carrot bacon doesn’t curl up like its deep-fried peers, but gets a nice crispiness and keeps that smoky flavor.
- 7 large carrots
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from meettheshannons.com
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
Slice carrots into thin strips using either a mandolin or food processor to keep them uniform.
In a small bowl, whisk together broth, Braggs, olive oil, liquid smoke, and smoked paprika.
Then, in a shallow dish, toss sliced carrots with broth combination until carrots are completely coated.
Arrange carrot slices on a foil-wrapped baking sheet so that they don’t overlap. Put in oven and bake for 7 minutes.
Pull baking sheet from the oven and flip carrots. Put baking sheet in the oven to bake for another 7-8 minutes. It might take more or less time depending on how thick or thin you sliced your carrots.
You’ll know your carrot bacon is done when the edges are crispy and the center of each slice looks dry.
Move carrot bacon to a plate with a paper towel to soak up any extra oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Let cool to room temperature before crumbling over a salad or putting in a sandwich. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
*A less healthy version, but also delish, would be to deep fry!
You'll also love
- Applesauce 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Sauteed Shrimp with Beer Pan Sauce 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Texas Style Beef... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Cheesecake-Dairy Free 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Olive Oil Poached Egg 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells with Pumpkin-Bacon... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Carrot Ginger Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)