Baked avocado with egg and bacon: The perfect spring-time breakfast
If you're looking for a delicious way to enjoy the lovely flavor of avocado in the morning that doesn't involve some kind of Mexican-inspired dish, than this recipe is the ticket.
Not too many people don't like avocado, eggs and bacon and this is a super easy breakfast, brunch or anytime meal that is filling and can be very paleo / low carb (depending on the type of bread you use for the toast). Once you smear this concoction onto that piece of toast, your mouth and tummy will thank you greatly.
- 1 large avocado (medium may work, depending on the size of egg you use)
- 2 small chicken eggs or quail eggs
- 1 or slices of bacon (preferably applewood smoked bacon)
- 2 slices of toast from whatever kind of bread you enjoy (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from commdiginews.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook the bacon ahead of time, either in the oven or in a frying pan until crispy.
Slice the avocado in half, discarding the seed.
Using a small ramekin, cast iron skillet or other oven-safe cooking device, place the avocados in such a way that they're being propped-up so they don't tip over while cooking.
Now put an egg into the remaining seed cavity in each half (try not to break the yoke during this process).
Gently place into the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Using "convection mode" is not recommended here as it tends to over-cook the yolk too quickly
Once you get the desired doneness you're looking for, remove and season with the salt and pepper, then top with the crumbled bacon.
You'll also love
- Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth,... 4.2/5 (127 Votes)
- Lemon Sponge Pie 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Mini Peach Cobbler 4/5 (235 Votes)
- French-Style Beef Stew 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ribs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Blackened Pork Chops 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (66 Votes)
- Bacon Hasselback Potatoes 4.6/5 (64 Votes)