Slow-Cooker Spicy Cheddar Chicken Cornbread
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- Cornbread Topping
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ cornbread & muffin mix
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream style sweet corn
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Spray 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix chicken, cheese, soup, milk and taco seasoning mix. Stir in green onion whites and jalapeño chiles. Pour into slow cooker; spread evenly.
In medium bowl, mix cornbread & muffin mix, corn and egg. Stir in melted butter. Pour evenly over chicken mixture. Place folded, clean dish towel under cover of cooker. This will prevent condensation from dripping down onto cornbread.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of mixture reads at least 165°F and toothpick inserted in center of cornbread comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with green onion greens.