Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
Mini lemon meringue pies are a simple and delicious summery dessert!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 to 5 lemons)
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 24 (1.75-inch) premade miniature tart shells
- 2 cups meringue topping
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from mybakingaddiction.com
In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth and thoroughly combined. Whisk in lemon juice, lemon zest and butter.
Cook in the microwave on full power for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute. This process will take about 3 to 5 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave. You will know the lemon curd is done cooking when it coats the back of a metal spoon.
Remove from the microwave, push through a fine, mesh sieve and set aside.
Place the tart shells on a tray or baking sheet.
Spoon the lemon curd into a piping bag and fill each tart with lemon curd.
Fit a piping bag with a large Star Tip. Spoon the meringue into the piping bag and pipe a small dollop of meringue onto each mini tart. Store tarts in the refrigerator until ready serve.
You'll also love
- Maple Bacon Cupcakes with Cream... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Orange Pineapple Pretzel Salad 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Mini Pecan Pies 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Crash Potatoes - Two ways 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Pistachio Shortbread Cookies 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Mini Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cream... 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Lemon Oreo Ice Cream 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Mile-High Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (19 Votes)