Baked Macaroni & Cheese Balls
A great snack or appetizer, these yummy Baked Macaroni & Cheese Balls can be eaten as is or dipped in your favorite sauce, enjoy!
- 2 cups cold leftover mac and cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or Panko
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from bestyummyrecipes.com
Make sure leftover macaroni and cheese is really cold. I suggest putting it in the freezer for about 20 minutes before preparing.
While the macaroni and cheese is chilling in the freezer, get out three bowls. Add flour to one bowl, the egg to another, and the breadcrumbs to the remaining bowl. Whisk the egg slightly to break it up. Season the flour with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with aluminum foil . Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil on aluminum foil and spread around to coat the foil evenly.
When macaroni is chilled, remove from freezer. Scoop a tablespoon amount of macaroni and cheese and roll it around in your hands to make sure the ball is tightly packed. You want each ball to be uniform in size, about 1 or 1.5 inches in diameter.
Roll each ball through the flour, then the egg, and lastly the breadcrumbs. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven, flip the macaroni balls over, and bake another 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve warm with various condiments and dipping sauces.
You'll also love
- Macadamia Nut - Banana Cream Pie 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- 7-Layer Taco Dip 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pineapple Turkey Burgers 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Creamy Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Better than Takeout Chicken Fried... 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake - King... 4/5 (84 Votes)
- Cajun Turkey Injection Sauce 4.2/5 (54 Votes)