Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
- 3 quarts water
- Chicken soup base mix
- 2-3 T. butter
- 3 T. dried parsley or 1/3 C. fresh parsley
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium boneless/skinless chicken breast or 4 b/s chicken thighs
- 2/3 C. rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 lemons, juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2/3 C. milk, 3 T. corn starch (optional)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Mix soup base with water according to directions on package in large pot. Add butter, parsley, onion, garlic and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and add chicken. Cook 15 minutes, remove chicken, dice and return to pot. Add rice and cook on medium heat for 20-25 more minutes.
Meanwhile, beat eggs well. Slowly add lemon juice to the eggs continuing to beat. Slowly pour 1 cup of the hot soup mix into the egg mixture stirring constantly. Pour egg mixture into soup pot continuing to stir vigorously. Cook another 5-6 minutes at low heat stirring continually. Do not boil or it will curdle. Salt & pepper to taste.
This soup does not re-heat well unless it is on a low heat.
If desired, mix the milk with corn starch and add to soup until it thickens.
You'll also love
- Better than Takeout Chicken Fried... 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Divan 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Pound Cake 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup (Julia Child's)... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)