Better than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice
This better than takeout chicken fried rice recipe will have your friends and family wanting the recipe in place of their favorite takeout Chinese restaurant.
- 1 pound chicken, about 2 to 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 cups cooked rice *
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon green onions, chopped, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
Cook and shred the chicken.
Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
Add the rice and chicken to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.