Chicken Breasts With Garlic, Orange, And Kiwifruits
- 3 kiwifruits peeled, and cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 boneless chicken breasts skin on
- 1 tablespoon minced garlIc
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1 large orange - (1/2 cup)
Heat a serving platter in a 150 degree oven.
In a bowl, combine the kiwifruits and sugar, toss gently, and set aside.
Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Smear the garlic over the side with skin. Sprinkle the same side with salt and pepper.
Heat the butter in a wide, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts, garlic-side down, and sauté about 4 minutes on each side, turning once, shaking the pan occasionally, and taking care not to burn the garlic, until nicely browned.
Raise the heat to high and pour the orange juice over the chicken breasts. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts to the warmed serving platter and keep warm.
Raise the heat to high, bring to a boil, and boil the sauce for about 30 seconds. Add the kiwifruits and cook 45 to 60 seconds longer, until just heated through.
Pour over the chicken breasts and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Carrot Salad With Cilantro Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beer-Battered Fish Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Stewed In Soy Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beans With Black Olives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple And Celery Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Almond, Lemon, And Ricotta Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 'Grilled' Lamb Chops And Tomatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini With Lime Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)