Wendy's Garden Sensations Mandarin Chicken Salad
- SESAME DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 large iceberg lettuce head chopped
- 4 cups red leaf lettuce chopped
- 1 1/3 cups canned mandarin orange wedges
- 1 cup rice noodles
- 1 cup roasted sliced almonds
Prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients except vegetable oil and sesame seeds in a blender on high speed. Slowly add oil to mixture (to create an emulsion). Add sesame seeds and blend for just a couple seconds. Pour dressing into a covered container (such as a dressing cruet) and chill until needed.
Rub each chicken breast fillet with oil, then lightly salt and pepper each piece. Grill on medium-high heat until done. Chill chicken breasts in refrigerator until cold.
When chicken is cold, build each salad by first arranging about 4 cups of iceberg lettuce in the bottom of a large salad bowl or on a plate.
Arrange a cup of red leaf lettuce on the iceberg lettuce.
Dice each chicken breast into bite-size pieces and sprinkle the pieces from each one over each salad.
Arrange about 1/3 cup of mandarin orange wedges on each salad.
Next, sprinkle about 1/4 cup of rice noodles and 1/4 cup of roasted sliced almonds on top of each salad.
Add desired amount of sesame dressing and serve.
This recipe yields 4 large salads.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.1/5 (1901 Votes)
- Popeye's Spicy Chicken Recipe 3.8/5 (1191 Votes)
- German Potato Salad Heirloom Recipe 4.5/5 (215 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (172 Votes)
- Church's Fried Chicken 3.8/5 (245 Votes)
- Gus's Fried Chicken 3.9/5 (197 Votes)
- Claim Jumper's Parmesan Crusted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hooter's Buffalo Chicken Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)