Chicken Salad With Grapes And Turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or filtered water)
- 3 skinless chicken breasts on the bone split in the middle
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 1/2 celery stalk cut into chunks
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds - (to 3/4)
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped bok choy stalks (the white part)
- 1 cup seedless organic red grapes cut in half
- 1 cup organic plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - (to 3/4)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups watercress
Place all chicken ingredients in a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Allow chicken to cool until you can handle it without burning your fingers. Remove from bones and slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Combine all the salad ingredients except for the watercress while the chicken is a little lukewarm, to blend flavors. Adjust seasonings by adding the turmeric and the salt and ground pepper to taste.
Clean and dry the watercress, and serve the chicken salad on watercress.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Tip: Try bok choy stalks diced into your favorite salads instead of celery, to increase your intake of breast-protective cruciferous vegetables.
Breast-Protective Power Foods: Almonds, bok choy, red grapes, yogurt, turmeric, watercress, garlic, chlli pepper, onion, celery.