Smoked Salmon Croquettes
Take Smoked Salmon Croquettes to the party for a sure hit. Rich Bechamel sauce makes tasty morsels worthy of a special occasion. No leftovers, guaranteed!
- Bechamel Sauce
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 500 g smoked salmon or cooked salmon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (Mailee)
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups homemade breadcrumbs (or panko crumbs)
- pinch salt
- oil for deep frying
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Melt the butter in a large pot with the flour and onion and stir so the flour, butter and onion combine. Slowly add the milk and stir to create a sauce. Empty the pot into a bowl and allow it to cool.
Finely slice the salmon and add to the cooled béchamel with the chive, dill and mustard. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
Roll the mixture into small logs and coat with flour, then the egg mixture and then crumb them.
Leave them in the fridge for about an hour and then deep fry until golden brown
You'll also love
- PORK CHOP BAKED WITH APPLE AND... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Dean & Deluca Crab Cakes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Asian Style Baked Mahi-Mahi 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Blackened Tilapia 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Tweety Cookies 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Creamy Parmesean Salmon Fillet 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Hearty Minestrone 4/5 (2 Votes)