Grand Marnier Bananas Foster
WARNING: This is a flammable dessert. The alcohol will ignite when it reaches a certain temperature. To avoid this you can keep the heat to medium. Or simply have a pot top ready and cover to extinguish the flame.
Per serving: 512 calories, 80mg carb, 20g fat, 2g protein, 112mg sodium.
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, such as Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup grade-A maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 under-ripe bananas sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla ice cream, such as So Delicious coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
In a 10-inch skillet over low heat melt butter, add maple syrup and stir in cinnamon and nutmeg to butter. Bring to a simmer, add bananas, allow to cook for about 1 minute on either side, spooning sauce over the bananas. Remove bananas and place in a s3erving dish. Bring skillet to a simmer and add Grand Marnier to butter-syrup mixture. If the pan is hot enough the alcohol will flame on its own; if not, using a stick flame, carefully ignite and continue cooking until flame dies out. Stir in zest. Place scoop of ice cream in a martini glass with bananas; top with sauce and zest