Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake
Chocolate cupcakes frosted with a Cool Whip chocolate frosting with Andes peppermints and Ghirardelli Peppermint bark.
- 1 box Betty Crocker triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup Andes peppermint crunch.
- Cool Whip Chocolate Frosting
- Andes peppermint crunch
- Ghirardelli Peppermint bark
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F and fill muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Mix eggs, water, oil, and cake mix together. Add peppermint extract to batter and mix thoroughly. Fill pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes; allow to cool.
Fill pastry bag with COOL WHIP frosting and pipe onto cupcakes. Top with peppermint crunch and bark if desired. Serve immediately or store in freezer until ready to eat.
This was my first time trying the recipe, I may try a tablespoon of peppermint extract next time to increase the flavor. I also recommend frosting the cupcakes right before serving or keeping them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker au Gratin Potatoes &... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Macaroni & Cheese 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Breakfast Sandwich 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt... 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake & Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Baked Donuts 4.2/5 (63 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcake with Lemon... 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Snowman Cupcakes 4.7/5 (18 Votes)