Cole Slaw with Balsamic Vinaigrette
When the weather warms up, it's time to pull out the grill and have a cookout. No cookout is complete without cole slaw, and this recipe for cole slaw with balsamic vinaigrette is the best and easiest you will find.
- 4 cups cabbage, sliced about 1 cup per person
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Assemble the cabbage and shredded carrots in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients of the dressing. Slowly add the olive oil, while whisking vigorously to create an emulsion.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Crab Meat Pie 4/5 (84 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cornbread with Cinnamon... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Peach Clafouti 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Philadelphia Garlic & Herb Dip 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Cornbread Dressing 3.9/5 (76 Votes)
- Mighty Marshmallow Crescent Puffs 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Sparkling Mango Strawberry Sangria 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.4/5 (22 Votes)