Pumpkin Cornbread with Cinnamon Honey Butter
Adding pumpkin and spices to a traditional corn bread recipe adds depth and flavor, perfect to serve on a fall day! The Cinnamon Honey Butter is perfect - use leftovers on weekend pancakes!
- 1 cup (140g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (170g) cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (244g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (122g) sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- WHIPPED CINNAMON HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) salted butter
- 1/3 cup (105g) honey
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Make the cornbread:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves for 20 seconds. Make a well in center of flour mixture then set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, add brown sugar and break up sugar with fingertips until no clumps remain. Add in melted butter and pumpkin and whisk to combined. Mix in sour cream and eggs until well blended. Pour mixture into well in flour mixture then fold with a rubber spatula just until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
Spray an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter into pan. Spread batter into an even layer, bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out free of batter, about 25 - 30 minutes.
Cool slightly on a wire rack then cut into squares. Serve with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
Make the cinnamon honey butter:
In a mixing bowl (or using a stand mixer) whip butter with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add in honey, powdered sugar and cinnamon and mix on low speed until combined, then increase to high speed and whip until light and fluffy, about 2 - 3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Peach Clafouti 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Philadelphia Garlic & Herb Dip 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cauliflower “Crack” 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- 8 Ball Zucchini 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Corn Pudding 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Chicken with Goat... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Microwaved Corn on the Cob 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Crockpot Apple Pumpkin Butter 4.2/5 (29 Votes)