This classic Cornbread Dressing recipe is perfect for your holiday table and it feeds a crowd of hungry dinner guests. Filled with the flavors of fall, sweet cornbread, and toasted bread of your choice, this easy recipe is sure to be a winner when paired with turkey and all the Thanksgiving sides. Make your own turkey broth by boiling giblets in water to give this recipe an added turkey taste.
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups toasted bread, finely crumbled
- 4 cups cornbread, finely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- turkey or chicken broth to taste
- 4 large eggs, beaten
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Melt butter in a skillet; add the onions and celery and sauté until tender.
Combine toasted bread and cornbread in a large bowl and mix.
Add onions and celery plus their cooking liquid, the salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning, and mix thoroughly.
Using a bulb baster, add just enough turkey broth to make a very moist mixture, then stir in the eggs and scrape the dressing into a large greased baking dish.
Bake in 400°F oven until dressing is nicely browned, about 30-40 minutes.
Simmer turkey giblets in 3 1/2 cups water for 45 minutes
You'll also love
- Mighty Marshmallow Crescent Puffs 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Molasses Sugar Cookies 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffle Pie with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cranberry Serrano Relish 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Carrots & Zucchini 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Bangin' Brussel Sprouts 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)