HCG Diet (P3) Coconut Flour Raspberry Muffins
Low carb Coconut Flour Raspberry Muffins. Yummy and good for my tummy!
Nutritional Information: Each muffin has 2 grams effective carbohydrate plus 3.5 grams fiber, 4 grams protein, and 132 calories.
- 3 eggs, room temperature (important!)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-5 tablespoons water (see below)
- 1/2 cup raspberries or blueberries
Heat oven to 375° F.
Prepare pan with a generous amount of butter. This recipe makes six "regular"-sized muffins.
Whisk or beat the eggs until whites and yolks are well-mixed. Stream in the butter while continuing to whisk. Add salt and vanilla and mix until combined. If using liquid sweetener (preferred, as it is zero carb), add at this point.
Mix the remaining dry ingredients, coconut flour, baking soda, and sweetener if using powder.
Mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Now you will whisk in water, one tablespoon at a time. The coconut flour will absorb the liquid from the wet ingredients like crazy. You want to get it to a consistency that will hold up the berries, but not be too thick. I usually end up using about 4 Tablespoons of water.
Gently mix in the berries and divide among 6 muffin cups. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until just turning golden on top.
You'll also love
- Zucchini cheesy rice 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Watermelon Margaritas 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Banana Muffins - NO FLOUR, OIL,... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cream Pie 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Blueberry Hand Pies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Pineapple Cake with Coconut Pecan... 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Pineapple Coconut Dessert Recipe 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars 4.8/5 (8 Votes)