Baked Beef Ravioli Recipe: An Easy Fake-Out Lasagna
Freezer Meal Tip: Be sure to double this recipe and freeze the second one before baking for later. It’s a perfect weeknight meal and even provides leftovers for another meal or two. When ready to bake, thaw in the fridge overnight. Baking time may take longer because it will be so cold, so factor in another 20-30 minutes to the cooking time.
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (preferably grass-fed, organic)
- 1/2 lb pork sausage (preferably local, organic)
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (approximately 28 oz. each; I like Newman’s Own Marinara)
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed Italian tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian mix cheese (Romano, Parm, Asiago, etc)
- 2 packages (10 oz.) fresh cheese ravioli, cooked al dente (I use Trader Joe’s)
- grated Parmesan cheese, optional for serving
Adapted from thethrivinghomeblogspot.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
In large skillet over medium heat saute onions until soft. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute but don’t let it burn. Next, add beef and sausage to onions and garlic and turn up heat to medium-high. Cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain grease, then stir in sauce and crushed tomatoes.
Spread thin layer of meat sauce into bottom of baking dish. Arrange a layer of cooked ravioli over the sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and Italian cheese over the ravioli. Repeat layers, ending with the last of the sauce on top.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes until hot throughout. Take foil off and bake about 15 minutes more or until bubbly at edges.
Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
You'll also love
- Coconut Almond Cups II 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Walnut Cake - Tony’s Town... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Soup 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Venison Loin with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Guinness Corned Beef with Potatoes... 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Classic Macaroni Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- crockpot macaroni and cheese 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
Review this recipe