Potato and Arugula Flatbread
- 1 pizza dough
- One potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful thyme and oregano (or fresh herbs of your choice)
- Fresh baby arugula
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
1. Prepare the dough, following the preparation instructions in the recipe if you’ve made in advance. Place your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F.
2. Prepare the toppings: Thinly slice the potato (using a mandoline, if possible). Mince the 2 cloves garlic. Coarsely chop the herbs. Wash and dry the arugula, and toss it with a bit of olive oil.
3. When the oven is ready, stretch the dough into the desired shape. Place it on a floured pizza peel or pull the pizza stone out of the oven and carefully place the dough on it.
4. Quickly assemble the flatbread: Drizzle olive oil over the dough. Sprinkle with some kosher salt and the minced garlic. Top with the potato slices, overlapping as necessary. Sprinkle on the herbs and some more salt.
5. Bake the flatbread: Transfer the flatbread to the oven, and bake until the potatoes are cooked through and just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
6. Let the flatbread cool for a bit. Then top with the fresh arugula and serve