Grandma's German Potato Salad
You'll never go back to traditional potato salad again! This delicious german potato salad combines mustardy flavors with bacon for a side dish you won't forget.
- 3 cups potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from recipe4living.com
Begin by preparing your vegetables. Peel the potatoes and dice them. Next, dice the onion and chop the parsley.
Put the potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover them completely. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain them and set them aside to cool down.
Next you want to fry the bacon in a deep skilled. Allow to cook until brown and crispy on both sides and remove them from the pan. Set them aside with the potatoes.
Next, you want to add the onions to the bacon grease and cook them until they are browned. Add the water, salt, pepper, vinegar, and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil. Now you can add the potatoes and the parsley. Crumble half of the bacon in the pan and continue heating for about 5 minutes.
Take your salad and put it in a serving dish. Crumble the remaining bacon over the top and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Baja Fish Tacos 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Orange Madeleines 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Upside-Down Apple-Spice Cake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Delicious Potato Soup 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Simple Grilled Vegetable Salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Classic Swedish Pizza Salad 4.1/5 (62 Votes)