Orange Cranberry Scones
Citrus-y and not too sweet, they're perfect for breakfast or afternoon teas. Just pat out the dough in a circle, cut with a pizza cutter, and bake.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (to brush over scones)
- Sugar to sprinkle over scones
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons orange juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In small bowl, combine cranberries, orange juice, cream and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir just until soft dough forms.
On floured surface, gently knead 6-8 times. Pat dough into 8″ circle. Cut into 10 wedges with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife. Place wedges on a baking sheet.
Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Combine the powdered sugar and enough orange juice for good consistency and drizzle over scones.
You'll also love
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Pie Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars 4.2/5 (243 Votes)
- Italian Peach Cookies 4.1/5 (226 Votes)
- Country Cabbage Soup 4.5/5 (111 Votes)
- Avocado Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 4.5/5 (95 Votes)
- German Cheesecake 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Giant Double Chocolate Cookies 4.6/5 (61 Votes)
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Easter Marshmallow Bark 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Cat Head Biscuits from Cook's... 4.1/5 (87 Votes)
- French Onion Tater Tot Casserole 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Corn Dog Casserole 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Raspberry Almond Thumbprint... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon Muffins 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Katie Lee's Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Streuselkuchen; German Crumb Cake 3.9/5 (99 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Chicken Tortilla... 3.9/5 (70 Votes)
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie 4/5 (75 Votes)
- Pizza Hut Dough 3.8/5 (117 Votes)
- Crab Meat Pie 4/5 (77 Votes)
- Teddy Bear Race Cars 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Chili's Honey Lime Dressing 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Bars 3.9/5 (43 Votes)
- Tiny Tall Cakes 4/5 (6 Votes)