Orange Cranberry Scones
Citrus-y and not too sweet, they're perfect for breakfast or afternoon teas. Just pat out the dough in a circle, cut with a pizza cutter, and bake.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (to brush over scones)
- Sugar to sprinkle over scones
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons orange juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In small bowl, combine cranberries, orange juice, cream and egg. Add to flour mixture and stir just until soft dough forms.
On floured surface, gently knead 6-8 times. Pat dough into 8″ circle. Cut into 10 wedges with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife. Place wedges on a baking sheet.
Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Combine the powdered sugar and enough orange juice for good consistency and drizzle over scones.
You'll also love
- Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom... 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Fresh Raspberry Sauce 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Classic Pumpkin Roll with Orange... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Impossible Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Chocolate and Orange Meltaways 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake 4.5/5 (33 Votes)