Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake
This is super moist with the perfect amount of chocolate and coffee. Loved it!
- CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- KAHLUA PUDDING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Kahlua, divided
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from chocolatechocolateandmore.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda & baking powder in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and beat on medium for about 2 minutes. Pour into a greased & floured 9×13-inch pan.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt, mix well. Whisk in cold milk and ¼ cup Kahlua.
Cook over medium high on the stovetop stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
Allow to boil for 1 minute while stirring, remove from heat and stir in remaining Kahlua & butter.
Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes over the cake. Pour warm pudding over the cake ensuring it seeps into the holes.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before frosting (below). Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Place milk, butter, & sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and allow to boil 45 seconds.
Remove from heat & stir in chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth and shiny and immediately pour over the cake. Refrigerate overnight.
You'll also love
- Crispy Fried Chicken 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Blackout Candy Apples 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Best Ever White Chocolate... 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Pound Cake 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Shirley Temple Poke Cake 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Boston Cream Poke Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)