These bright citrusy yellow muffins are topped with a simple sweet glaze for a breakfast treat that's easy and delicious. Excellent any time of year and a great addition to a special brunch or breakfast.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, and lemon zest; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into a lightly greased 12-cup muffin pan, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
Stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and drizzle over warm (not hot) muffins.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Almond Thumbprint... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell... 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Key Lime and White Chocolate Scones 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Citrus Salsa Salmon 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Italian Milk-Braised Pork Roast... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe