Blackberry & Basil Dessert Bites
What I love about them is that they satisfy that sweet urge, and they’re really not that high in calories, so Blackberry and Fresh Basil Dessert Bites you can eat more than one and not feel guilty~~we need more of that during the holidays!
- 36 large fresh blackberries
- (Note: Dole Frozen Blackberries or Blueberries can be substituted~~just press out excess water with paper towels after thawing)
- 1/2 cup chiffonade sliced fresh basil
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
In a medium mixing bowl, combine berries, sweetened condensed milk and basil. In a separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold meringue into berry mixture.
If you are not using cupcake holders, coat cupcake pan with cooking spray. In each opening scoop batter with a few berries in each. Place in preheated 300 oven for about 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. (Note: You can use DOLE frozen whole blackberries, but thaw and pat well with paper towels getting out the excess water.)
Remove and allow to rest and cool. If no cupcake holders were used, take a butter knife and gently nudge around each mini cupcake and scoop out with a small spoon. If not eating immediately, refrigerate.
You may choose to garnish with another blackberry, dust with confectionary sugar, drizzle with a chocolate ganache, a spoonful of slightly warmed berry Greek yogurt, etc., or eat cupcake bites as is.
Ally Boho Note~~For an extra splash of great flavor, give each of the cupcake bites a dizzle of balsamic glaze~~just a little!
You'll also love
- Herbed Roasted New Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato and Cannellini Bean... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Mummy Head Candy Apples 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Russian Apple Pie/Cake (Sharlotka) 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Red Raspberry Velvet Cake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Mimi’s Blueberry Monkey Bread W.... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Blackberry Crescent Rolls 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe