Crab & Asparagus Casserole
- 10 ounce fresh cut asparagus
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen crabmeat, or use imitation crab chunks
- 2 Tbsp. chopped toasted almonds
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
Adapted from http-
Cook asparagus according to package directions; drain well. Set aside. In a medium saucepan cook mushrooms and onion in butter until onion is tender but not brown.
Stir in cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Stir in milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
Stir in crab and asparagus. Spoon mixture into four individual casseroles or one large one. In a small bowl stir together almonds and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle atop casseroles.
Bake in a 400 F. oven for 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese is browned.
Cals- 174 Total Fat- 7 Sat Fat- 1 Protein- 18 Fiber- 2 Sodium- 441 Carbs- 10