Sausage and Rice Casserole
- 1 box (5.8oz) vegetable flavor rice mix
- 1 lb Bob Evans Zesty Hot or Original Sausage
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 pkg (16oz) frozen green, red and yellow peppers and onions
- 1 can (10oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cook rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until brown. Stir sausage, vegetables, soup, milk, salt and pepper into cooked rice; mix well.
Spoon mixture into lightly greased 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot.