Zucchini Tomato Gratin
A recipe from Proud Italian Cook
- First layer; Sweet Vadalia onion ring slices on a nice drizzle of olive oil ( the pan I use gets them all caramelized on the bottom)
- Sliced zucchini
- Handful of romano cheese spread all over
- Toasted homemade Italian bread crumbs spread about
- Small cherry tomatoes placed all around
- I had some cut leeks I needed to use so I threw them in, glad I did!
- Drizzle with olive oil
- More cheese
- More breadcrumbs
- Garnish with fresh snipped basil
Place in a hot oven at 425 till tender and crispy and the tomatoes pop and get caramelized, you could even place it under the broiler at the end to crisp up the top more, The imported romano cheese, the tomatoes ( you must use cherry tomatoes, please) the homemade breadcrumbs and those caramelized onions paired with the zucchini, I'm telling you I could almost become a vegetarian!