Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Bountiful summer vegetables—zucchini, summer squash, fresh tomatoes—are quickly sautéed with protein-rich white beans and topped with Parmesan for a hearty dish. This sauté is endlessly versatile and works well with eggplant, peppers or corn. Serve with: Brown rice or bulgur.
Per serving (4 servings): 195 calories; 6 g fat ( 2 g sat , 4 g mono ); 5 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 8 g fiber; 600 mg sodium; 726 mg potassium.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 15- or 19-ounce can cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed (see Tip)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
1) Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini, summer squash, oregano, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring once, until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
2) Stir in beans, tomatoes and vinegar; increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Mashed Potatoes With Mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Superb Rigatoni and Cauliflower Au... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bake-tastic Butternut Squash Fries... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Gayle's Pumpkin Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted lentil beans 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Treats. 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Cornbread Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- White Beans with Spinach & Sausage 4/5 (1 Votes)