Texas Roadhouse Sirloin Beef Tips
Sirloin beef tips prepared with onions and mushrooms - even more delicious when served over mashed potatoes or rice.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 to 6 ounces sirloin steak, cut into large cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Seasoned rice or mashed potatoes, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from texasroadhouseathome.blogspot.com
Mix the salt, pepper, and garlic powder together and combine with the flour. Heat the oil in a skillet. Dredge the steak pieces with the flour mixture then saute the meat until it is medium-rare.
Add the onions and cook until it is softened. Add the butter to the pan and then add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms begin to color, then remove the meat, onions, and mushrooms to a platter and keep warm.
Deglaze the skillet with the wine, making sure to loosen any browned bits, and let it reduce a little.
Add the beef broth and bring to a boil, then return the reserved meat and vegetables back to the pan and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
Mix the cornstarch with a little of the cooking liquid to make a paste and add it to the simmering broth. When the sauce is thickened, serve the tips with rice or mashed potatoes, and a vegetable of your choice.
You'll also love
- Buttered Rosemary Rolls 4.6/5 (103 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies 4.5/5 (113 Votes)
- Lentil, Zucchini and Tomato Tart... 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Christmas Style Pretzel M&M Hugs 4.3/5 (125 Votes)
- Mushroom Asiago Chicken 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Spicy Chinese Beef 4.5/5 (113 Votes)
- Mexican Seasoning Blend 4.2/5 (146 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole 4.5/5 (108 Votes)