Fresh Peach Pound Cake
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home, Copyright Carrie Groneman, A Mother’s Shadow, 2014
TIP from Carrie: I’ll let you in on a little secret, if your bundt pan isn’t seasoned really well, or sometimes bundt pans are a bit fickle for no reason at all. You might want to have some whipped cream/cool whip or ice cream that would complement the flavor, such as vanilla bean on hand just in case the cake doesn’t come out of the pan looking ‘perfect’ — no one will ever know. Just serve it in nice chunks, gorgeously served picture perfect alongside the ice cream or topping!
- 1 cup real butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches (approx. 6–8 fresh peaches)
- 3 –4 Tb. butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from amothersshadow.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a 9″ — 10″ nonstick bundt pan, butter the pan well with the 3–4 Tbl covering all areas.
Dust with the ¼ cup sugar, turning the pan to coat well.
In a large bowl, cream the softened butter (not melted) and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in the almond and vanilla extracts.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt and mix. Add this dry mixture to batter alternately with sour cream; beating well after each addition.
Fold in the peaches, careful not to break them up, but to leave them in chunks.
Pour the peach batter into the prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 60–70 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out almost clean. Cooking time will depend on oven.DSC_1971Cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan to a serving plate. It helps to loosen the edges with a table knife gently no to damage the cake sides.
When the cake is completely cooled, dust with confectioner’s sugar if desired. Peach Pound Cake 2
You'll also love
- Christmas Magic Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cookie... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Tipsy Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Pizzas- Weight... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Cake 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Peach Praline Dumplings with Sweet... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Peach & Walnut Oatmeal Pancakes... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)