Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin and cream cheese together in a cookie, what more can you ask for. This treat is perfect for a fall get together or holiday cookie exchange.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Splenda (or white sugar)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (16-ounce) package of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- One pinch of cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat together brown sugar, Splenda (or white sugar), oil and pumpkin. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined.
Using a pastry bag with a round tip, or a big zip top plastic bag with one corner snipped, squeeze out circles of batter, starting from the middle and working outward until the circles are about 2 inches in diameter. Bake for 11 and cool on a rack.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Frost flat side of half the pies and top with another piece.
You'll also love
- Duchess Mashed Potatoes 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Buttermilk Fool 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Basil-Garlic Butter Sause 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Alien Cocktail 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Fool-Proof Perfect Lemon Curd 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cake 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.5/5 (13 Votes)