Cod roasted with bacon and leeks
The mild flavor of the leeks and the smoky taste of the bacon makes this a wonderful fish dish.
- 4 leeks trimmed, white parts only
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cod fillets (5 to 6 oz)
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1/4 c chicken stock
- 2 teas fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dry
Preheat oven to 425.
Split the leeks lengthwise and wash them under cool water to remove the grit. Slice the leeks in half-moon slices and transfer to a bowl filled with cold water. Swish them around to clean completely and then drain.
Heat 1 T oil over high heat and cook the bacon until golden and crispy. Lift the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels.
Add the leeks and the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and toss with the bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Put in a 9 x 13 pan and roast the leeks for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Season cod with salt and pepper. Add the wine, stock, and thyme to the pan. Set the cod on top and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish is cooked through. To serve put the cod on plates and spoon the leeks and juice over and top with bacon.
You'll also love
- Beef Barley Soup 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cheesy Tuna Casserole 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Italian Christmas Turkey Stuffing 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Hush Puppies 4/5 (6 Votes)
- SWEET POTATO PIE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato-Crusted Snapper 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexicali Pork Chops W. W. Points... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Caribbean Pork Tenderloin with Rum... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)