Fried Chicken Biscuits
Fried chicken with biscuits topped with honey butter and a dash of hot sauce. Is it breakfast? Lunch or dinner? You pick -- they are great any time of day!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken cutlets, about 1 1/2 pound total, pounded to 1/4” thickness
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, 1 stick
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- Vegetable oil, for frying; about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 biscuits
- Hot sauce, for serving
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Combine buttermilk, hot sauce, salt, black pepper, and cayenne in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag, turn to coat, and chill at least 3 hours.
Do ahead: Chicken can be marinated 8 hours ahead. Keep chilled.
Mix butter, honey, and ½ tsp. salt in a small bowl until smooth; set honey butter aside.
Pour oil into a large skillet, preferably cast iron, to a depth of ½” and heat over medium-high heat until oil bubbles immediately when a little panko is added.
Meanwhile, place panko in a shallow bowl. Remove chicken from marinade; season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in panko, shaking off excess. Working in 2 batches and maintaining oil temperature, fry chicken until golden brown, crisp, and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a paper towel–lined baking sheet to drain.
Split biscuits and spread each side with 1 Tbsp. reserved honey butter. Build sandwiches with biscuits, chicken, and hot sauce.
You'll also love
- Venison (or Steak or Chicken)... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken, Spinach & Bean Soup 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Calamari Rings 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Mexican Buffalo Chicken Skillet Dip 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Fennel & Prosciutto... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Hazelnut Spread-Filled Sufganiyot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Jim N Nicks Cheese Biscuits 4.3/5 (50 Votes)
- Daisy Cakes Southern Pound Cake 4.1/5 (14 Votes)