Zucchini "Apple" Pie
Unique way to prepare zucchini! Really does taste like apple pie....
- 1 double pie crust
- 4 cups zucchini (peeled, seeded and sliced)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp flour
Precook the zucchini until just tender crisp. Drain and mix lemon juice and salt. Mix sugar, cinnamon, cream of tartar, nutmeg and flour in a bowl. Add the zucchini and mix well. You may also stir in a handful of nuts or raisins for a special occasion.
The mixture will be runny!
Turn the filling into a 8" or 9" pie crust and dot with butter. Add the top crust, sealing the edges and slitting the crust for a vent to let the steam escape, bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or untilo golden brown.
(I have also used a crumb topping instead of the top crust.....delicious!)
You'll also love
- Balsamic and Fig Glazed... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- BBQ Shrimp Pizza with Onions,... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Double Berry Muffins 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fried Artichoke Hearts 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Upside-Down French Toast 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Pie 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini 4.5/5 (2 Votes)