Pumpkin & Cider Stove Top Mac n' Cheese with Crispy Bacon
Pumpkin purée and apple cider take make this seriously delicious mac n' cheese a fall favorite you'll want to make again!
- 1 (16-ounce) box dry macaroni prepared according to box directions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked until crispy and then crumbled
- Sage leaves for garnish
Adapted from bakeaholicmama.com
In a medium sauce pan melt butter with 3 tablespoons of flour over medium heat. Whisk until a paste forms.
Whisk in cider and milk, and bring mixture to a low boil.
Mix in shredded cheese, cream cheese, pumpkin, salt, and pepper. Mix into prepared macaroni until smooth.
Top with crumbled bacon and sage leaves.
You'll also love
- Pappardelle with Kale Pesto 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Endive and Blue Cheese Salad 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Chinese Slow-Cooked Pork Shoulder 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Barley Risotto 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamed Corn with Roasted Red... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Favorite Zucchini Brownies 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Gingered Pumpkin Flans 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Monster Face Pizza 4.3/5 (7 Votes)