Barbeque Sauce (for Beef Brisket Recipe)
My SIL's recipe
(try as I might I cannot cut this recipe down to make smaller amounts - it has to be made as written!)
- One 2 quart-sized bottle of ketchup
- 2 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 2 cups vinegar (I use cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-2 cups water (if necessary to thin sauce)
Preparation time 15mins
Pour ketchup into a pot. Add vinegar and sugar. Add spices and stir ketchup mix. Add liquid smoke. Stir together and simmer.
Add water only if you need to thin the sauce. Cook until well blended so it won't seperate.
Remove pan from heat and pour sauce into jars.
Chill 30 minutes.
Serve with Beef Brisket recipe.