Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Delicious, creamy, make ahead mashed potatoes adapted from Pioneer Woman. These are perfect for holiday meals or when you are entertaining, and just need to get some things done ahead of time!
- 5 pounds russet, or yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 cups butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces that are generally the same size. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 to 35 minutes. When they’re cooked through, the fork should easily slide into the potatoes with no resistance, and the potatoes should almost, but not totally, fall apart.
Drain the potatoes in a large colander. When the potatoes have finished draining, place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape, before adding in all the other ingredients.
Turn off the stove and add 1 ½ sticks of butter, an 8-ounce package of cream cheese and about ½ cup of half-and-half. Mash, mash, mash! Next, add about ½ teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt and ½ a teaspoon of black pepper.
Stir well and place in a medium-sized baking dish. Throw a few pats of butter over the top of the potatoes and place them in a 350°F oven and heat until butter is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
Note: When making this dish a day or two in advance, take it out of the fridge about 2 to 3 hours before serving time. Bake in a 350°F oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until warmed through.
You'll also love
- BAKED GARLIC PARMESAN POTATO WEDGES 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Skillet Potatoes 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Sliced Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Cherry Bonbon Cookies 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Muffins 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Cornbread Dressing 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Bubbe's Latkes 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Mini Crab Cakes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)