Easy Crockpot Chicken and Rice Soup
By Nicole S
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cups long grain rice (NOT quick cooking rice)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 oz corn
Preparation time 10mins
It seems like newer crock pots cook much faster than the older ones, so please keep that in mind. My crock pot is newer and cooks very hot. I cook this soup on low on the 8 hour setting and it is done in 4 1/2 hours. I add the rice about an hour before it's done.
Add everything to the crock pot except the rice, corn, flour and milk. Cover and cook for 8 hours. The chicken will cook in the broth and add more flavor to the soup.
Halfway through cooking add the rice (or you can stir in already cooked rice at the end).
About 30 minutes prior to serving, shred the chicken. In a small container with a lid shake together flour and milk really well and stir into soup. Add Corn. Let cook for 30 minutes more to allow the soup to thicken.
Read more at http://backforsecondsblog.com/2012/11/easy-crock-pot-creamy-chicken-and-rice-soup/#XZ188TfcrLQu487O.99
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Mexican Penne with Chicken Thighs 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken, Pineapple and Coconut... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup The Pioneer... 3.7/5 (93 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Rice Bowl 4.6/5 (13 Votes)